Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lost Mountain

Lost Mountain by Erik Reece : TreeHugger

This book I am currently reading and I recommend it whole heartedly.
So far, I have the following emotions... that sickening pit of your stomach feeling, outrage and a deep sadness at our lack of attention to the ongoing destruction of our most precious resources in Kentucky... our mountains.


Handbook for an Informed American
Lost Mountain: A Year in the Vanishing Wilderness Radical Strip Mining and the Devastation ofAppalachia

2 comments:

Teri said...

Hi Mary! I'm visiting your blog for the first time all because of Reece's Lost Mountain. Go figure. I also checked out your photos over at smugmug. I certainly look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work and reading about your travels. My biggest take away from Lost Mountain may very well be from Wendell Berry's line, "practice resurrection." Peace!

Mary said...

Thanks teri!
I certainly loved that book. That line is especially meaningful to me as well. I look forward to reading more and learning more while I enjoy a great book.
It was nice to see your comment.
Mary