Tuesday, June 14, 2011

John Denver's - Country Roads

Maybe not Virginia, but it sure is sweet
    
Almost heaven, West Virginia 
Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River 
Life is old there, older than the trees 
Younger than the mountains, blowing like a breeze 
 
Country roads, take me home 
To the place I belong 
West Virginia, Mountain Mama 
Take me home, country roads 

All my memories, gathered 'round her 
Miners' Lady, stranger to blue water 
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky 
Misty taste of moonshine, teardrop in my eye  

I hear her voice, in the morning hour she calls me 
The radio reminds me of my home far away 
And drivin' down the road I get the feeling 
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday
 



John Denver - We sure do Miss You

The Essential John Denver
Take Me Home, Country Roads (Digitally Remastered)

No comments: